Purchasing A Car Warranty
If you are thinking of buying either a new or used car it is sensible to invest some money in a car warranty because this could save you money if the vehicle breaks down or parts need replacing. Before you buy a warranty for a new or used vehicle there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration first.
In order to find the most suitable car warranty plan for you we offer a few tips below to help you.
1. If you intend to buy a used vehicle then find out if the original warranty is still valid or if you can purchase an extended warranty on it. Normally when you purchase the vehicle from a dealer they will offer a short term warranty that is limited to a set period of time which could save you some money. Sometimes when they are selling used cars that are not too old you may discover that manufacturer\'s original warranty is still valid.
2. Look at the owner\'s manual as this will clearly set out what is covered in the vehicles general warranty. Normally the manufacturer provides a warranty which covers either 3 years or 36,000 miles. Normally you will see in the owner\'s manual just what parts of the vehicle are covered by these warranties.
3. Look for those vehicles where you can get an extended or power train warranty which cover the vehicle for 60 months or 60,000 miles. However, although some companies offer such warranties as standard many cannot be purchased until after the original warranty on the vehicle has expired.
4. If you do intend to go for an extended warranty on a new or used vehicle then make sure you go with a reputable company. Look for those who have a history of providing such like Carchex auto warranty, Wynn\'s auto warranty or CNA auto warranty and who have a number of different car warranty plans for you to select from and who will provide you with their terms and conditions in writing before you sign up to one. Also look for those companies who offer a money back guarantee and will cover your vehicle no matter where you are.
5. It is vital that you read the plan through carefully before signing on the dotted line. As well as long at the length of time the car warranty is valid for look to see what limitations there if any on making claims. A car is quite a large investment you will be making so you want a warranty that really is going to protect it.
You need to remember that any car warranty you get is not going to provide a guarantee of how long the car will last for, but is to assure that you that the car was in good condition when purchased. So you need to be aware that there are certain limitations on the kinds of claims that can be made under such warranties and if you mishandle or abuse the vehicle these may well not be covered by it. So this is another reason why you need to read through the document carefully before agreeing to it.
Choosing the right car warranty for you can take a little elbow grease. For the right information visit http://www.carwarrantyez.com.